Chiropractic care can help you recover from sciatic nerve pain naturally and gently. Our team at Global Health Chiropractic takes you through how this condition manifests, what to look out for, and why chiropractic care is the best treatment option. We offer quality, professional chiropractic services across Lubbock, TX.
The Signs of Sciatic Nerve Pain
Are you experiencing a sharp, piercing pain from your legs up to your lower back? The chances are that you have Sciatica. Sciatic nerve pain, also known as Sciatica, can result from disc herniation, a trapped nerve, or Piriformis syndrome. Sciatica can affect anyone but it is especially common in pregnant women. Some of its common symptoms include:
- Pain in one leg that worsens whenever you are sitting or squatting
- Burning or tingling feeling in the affected leg
- Difficulty moving the leg due to weakness or numbness
- Chronic pain on one side of the lower back
- Sudden pain when standing up
How We Use Chiropractic Care To Treat Sciatica
Here are a few techniques that our chiropractors use to treat sciatic nerve pain:
- Diagnosis: The fundamental basis of chiropractic care is that restricted spine movement can trigger pain and limit mobility. Our pediatric chiropractor will determine why you are experiencing sciatic nerve pain by examining your medical history and analyzing the painful areas. We will then recommend and administer an appropriate treatment plan.
- Therapeutic massage: Our chiropractor will use intense deep tissue massage to induce relaxation and enhance circulation. Massage therapy also triggers the release of endorphins which naturally reduce pain. While a regular visit to the spa can also help with relaxation, their masseuse may not have the same grasp of the musculoskeletal system as our chiropractors. They may, therefore, not be able to identify the areas to focus on to induce natural healing.
- Hot and cold therapies: This is one of the fastest methods of alleviating sciatic nerve pain. We use heat therapy to release the tight muscles and enhance circulation, and cold therapy to ease the inflammation.
- Ultrasound therapy: This is a gentle procedure that uses sound waves. It penetrates the body and reduces pain, swelling, cramping, and muscle spasms by improving circulation.
- Cold laser therapy: Works like ultrasound as it penetrates the body and increases circulation around the soft tissues. This reduces musculoskeletal pain, irritation, and swelling.
- Chiropractic adjustments: In some cases, our chiropractors apply manual spinal manipulations to redirect the herniated disc to the correct position.
- Lifestyle changes: Our focus is to ensure that you stay fit even after the treatment is over. That is why we may recommend a few lifestyle changes to ensure your sciatica does not return.
Get Quality Chiropractic Care in Lubbock, TX
Global Health Chiropractic offers a wide range of chiropractic services in and around Lubbock. Call us today at 806-722-3533 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Wilson or Dr. Bush.